Across the nation, there is an initiative to go “green.” With resources quickly evaporating and pollution rampant, being environmentally conscious and buying eco-friendly products is more important than ever. Even with mattress pads, there are hundreds of eco-friendly options to choose from. So what does buying an eco-friendly mattress pad entail and why is different from non-eco-friendly mattress pad? Read a few tips on the matter below.
- Eco-friendly mattress pads come in the same varieties as regular mattress pads like memory foam, wool and latex.
- An organic mattress pad made with organic fibers is another eco-friendly option. They are also available in a variety of materials and offer the same great features.
- An eco-friendly mattress pad like a bamboo mattress protector means that the makers use environmentally friendly fibers or plant based ingredients and do not use chemicals and harsh solvents when creating it. They also require less energy to make and try to reduce greenhouse gas emissions in the process.
- Like other mattress pads most environmentally friendly ones are naturally antimicrobial, hypoallergenic and machine washable. They also reduce bacterial growth, odors, mold and mildew.
- Eco-friendly mattress pads offer the same great comfort and support a great cause at the same time.